Next Generation Insurance Group (NGI) LLC, is founded by entrepreneurs who are not just insurance marketing professionals, but also former non-profit executives and higher education professionals with a deep commitment and history of successfully transforming markets. At Next Generation Insurance Group, big thinking comes with the territory. We believe that how the next generation purchases insurance will reshape the entire industry and we are looking for talented and diverse people to join our passionate team of professionals in both our Phoenix and Boston locations.
When your work can impact millions of lives, there are no small tasks. At NGI, everyone can have an enormous impact for good and everyone is responsible for not only listening to our customers, but anticipating their needs and contributing to the design of solutions that meet their needs. We need creative minds to help us execute our current plans as well as shape our future. We define our culture as being honest and direct. Our company is filled with people that are creative, nice and smart. We are looking for people who are willing to expect more from themselves and are seeking an environment where they can excel.
We believe in an open, fair and non-discriminatory employment process. If you are ready to take a big step to positively impact your career - and the world at large, then you should seriously consider the positions below:
- Enthusiastic and talented individuals who share our commitment to build innovative solutions that meet the needs of the next generation of insurance programs.
Current openings include:
PHP Engineer | Redwood City, CA
The primary job responsibility for the PHP web developer position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a variety of consumer-related websites, intranets, extranets and web-based applications. You will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways. The ideal candidates work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and deal professionally with both teammates and clients in order to meet business and technical demands.
- Work across teams to develop sites from scratch or enhance existing websites and software to meet business requirement
- Working closely with the business team to build requirements define elegant technology solutions.
- Implement and support existing applications using the technologies mentioned above.
- Recommend architecture and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performance
- You're a hacker who gets things done
- Significant experience PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Frameworks such as Cake, Code Igniter, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Understanding of software architecture
- Experience with highly-scalable applications
- Able working across the entire software development lifecycle, from concept, to testing, to launch
- Demonstrated ability to build impressive, non-trivial web applications
Nice to haves:
- Mobile app development on iOS or Android
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS 3
- Experience with Amazon Web Services running Apache, memcached
- Development experience consuming or providing web service APIs
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Interest in Mobile Application Development (iOS, Android)
- Prior start-up experience.
If you’ve built anything interesting outside of work/school, we want to see it. Links to web apps, repos, portfolios, etc are greatly appreciated.
For more information or to be considered email HR@nextgenins.com.